Regulations on the Circulation Service
Regulations of Circulation Service
Filed for Reference under the Taipei City Government Jiao-Liu-Zi No. 9021889400 on March 26, 2001.
(2) Opening hours of the Main library’s Children's Room: Tuesday to Saturday: 9:00-18:00; Sunday & Monday: 9:00-17:00
(3) Opening hours of Qiming Branch, Liuxiang Neighborhood Reading Room, and Parent-Child Art & Education Digital Library: Monday to Sunday:9:00-17:00.
(4) Opening hours of Intelligent Libraries, FastBook Automatic Book Lending Stations depend on their locations.
(5) Reading Rooms are open to the public throughout the opening hours of the library. For children under 6 years old, they should be accompanied by their parent(s). While the second floor of the Parent-Child Art & Education Digital Library is only open to those under twelve and their caretakers.
(6) Library card application and materials circulation are not available 30 minutes prior to the closing time of the library.
(7)To carry out internal cleaning work, the library is closed on national holidays and the first Thursday of each month.
(2) Patrons who are under 12 years old may apply for a library card by presenting a copy of the Household Certificate or a Household Certificate transcript (remains valid within 3 months).
(3) If patrons are unable to apply for a library card in person, they need to provide a letter of authorization and ID of their representative and of themselves. If a document validating the lineal or marital relationship between the representative and the applicant can be provided, the letter of authorization can be exempted.
(4) Patrons who are mentally disabled may apply for the library card only through their lineal relative(s) or legal guardian(s).
(5) To apply, exchange, or apply for the reissuance of Easy Card for library, follow steps (1) to (4) of Point 3.
(6) The Library Card is valid for 5 years. For residents from China and other countries, the renewal shall depend on the term of their residence permit. To renew an expired card, bring the original card along with personal IDs.
(7) Patrons should notify the library of any change to their personal information. Anyone who has lost his/her Library Card or Family Library Card should notify the library immediately, otherwise the patron risks facing fraud charges for lending the library card to others or losing the library card.
(8) To apply for the reissuance of the library card, patrons should present the original copies of their documents. A handling fee of NT$50. will be charged. Replacing an Easy Card for library is free.
(2) Each person can check out up to 15 books, and family card holders may check out a maximum of 30 books. The loan period is 30 days and can be renewed twice. For high demand items, a person may borrow extra five hot-books. These materials are available for only 14 days and will not be renewed.
(3) Patrons under 18 years old are prohibited from borrowing restricted (R-rated) books or materials.
(4) Borrowing Audio-Visual materials:
(B) Only one item may be borrowed at a time for use inside the library.
C. Borrowers should comply with the relevant regulations of the Publication Ration System promulgated by the Ministry Of Culture.
B. Each Library Card holder may request a maximum of 5 items, regardless of the formats of the materials (books, audio/video materials, etc.).
C. If a patron has failed to pick up 3 reserved books or audio-visual materials before the due date in a year, the patron will be banned from reserving materials for 90 days (starting from the last day for picking up the books or materials).
D. Picking up the reserved books is limited to the exact Library Card which is used for reserving and cannot be replaced by other Library Cards.
B. There is a two-time renewal limit. For books the renewal period is 30 days, while the renewal period for audio-visual materials is 14 days. Both take effect the day after an item is renewed.
B. Materials at the Main Library's Periodicals Room, Reference Room and Resource Center for Adult Education.
C. The original copies of Special Collections, manuscripts, out-of-print books, treasured edition of translations from different countries, and cultural heritages.
D. Other materials labeled with "Office Use Only" or "In-library Use Only".
(11)Suspension and Compensation:
B. The privilege of possessing the library Card will be suspended if the materials borrowed are overdue. The suspension period for Personal Library Card is 60 days maximum. The suspension period for Family Library Card is 90 days maximum. Penalties will be calculated based on the number of days overdue. An overdue fine of NT$1 will be charged per day after an item becomes overdue.
C. Borrowers should compensate the library for loss, damage, markings, annotations, or missing pages of the materials borrowed from the library. Borrowers should either purchase the books, audio-visual materials, periodicals, or newspapers of the same title with a more recent or the same edition, volume or date. Compensation can be made at the Main Library or any other branches.
D. When a replacement is not available, the borrowers must compensate according to the following criteria:
(B) If the price is at a base figure, the borrowers shall be charged for 50 times the basic price.
(C) If the material is priced in foreign currency, the patron shall be charged the original price (use the exchange rate on the processing day).
(D) For a set of books that have no unit price, the borrowers shall be charged the average of the unit price.
(E) Chinese materials (Chinese Book Collections/Materials) without a published price will be estimated at NT$ l per page. If pagination information is not available, NT$ 400 will be charged per volume. Foreign publications (Foreign Language Collections/Materials) will be estimated at NT$ 2 per page, and if pagination information is not available, fiction materials will be NT$ 400 per volume and non-fiction materials will be NT$ 1,000 per volume.
(F) Multimedia materials, such as videotapes, VCDs, CD-ROMs, will be charged at NT$ 2,500 per item at the public use edition. The home edition is NT$ 500 per item. DVDs and Laser Discs (LDs) will be charged at NT$ 3,500 per item for the public use edition, and NT$ 500 per home edition item. Audiocassettes and music Compact Discs (CDs) will be charged at NT$ 500 per item.
(G) Any loss or damage of accompanying materials will be charged the listed price.
F. The Library shall notify the family or the schools of patrons who take out library materials without following the correct procedure.
B. Reservation services: Visually impaired borrowers may use their library cards to reserve a maximum of 15 items (including the general collections, audio-visual materials, and Braille materials).
(2) The Library has the right to cancel the use of seats of those who have left the seats for over one hour.
(2) Please do not fold the materials for photocopying.
(2) Reservations for a Library Tour are welcomed in advance either by letter or telephone. The Library has the right to stop any group conducting activities unrelated to reading without permission from the library.
(3) The patrons are responsible for compensating any damaged or broken equipment or facility of the library caused by inappropriate use.
(4) For reading today’s newspapers, periodicals or using audio-visual materials in the library, please take one item at a time. When finishing, please return the item to the designated location.
(5) The laptop area is restricted to the use of laptops or tablets. Readers and may not appropriate multiple seats. If a seat if left unoccupied for over an hour, the library may rescind the reader’s privilege to retain their seat.
(6) Laptops and tablets are allowed in specific areas inside the library on the conditions that the users do not disturb other readers. The Library also has charging stations for urgent demand of charge the battery of cell phone. Except above specific areas, for the other personal electronic devices, the use of electricity from library outlets is strictly prohibited.
(7) Pets and dangerous items are not allowed in the library. Flyers, posters or commercial advertisement cannot be posted in the library without permission.
(8) All personal belongings, including valuable items, privately-owned books, and handbags, should be taken care of by the owner, as the library has no responsibility for any loss of personal belongings.
(9) Reproduction of the library's materials, filming or photographing of the library's buildings shall be carried out in compliance with relevant regulations. Please fill out the application form first.
(10) In case of emergency, patrons should follow the instruction of the library staff for evacuation or sheltering.
(11) Anyone violating the regulations or ignoring the advice of the Library staff will be asked to leave the library or have his/her reading rights at our Library suspended. If necessary, the library will report to the police station to request further actions to be taken.